Emphasis is placed on sporting activities as a way of encouraging social interaction, co-operation, sharing and teamwork.
Brescia House School Sports Philosophy:
- Provide each individual pupil with the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities, catering for all levels of ability. While healthy competition is encouraged, either within sessions or against other schools, enjoyment of the game remains paramount.
- Sustain a long term interest in physical activity and a healthy lifestyle, by improving fitness levels and fundamental skills.
- Encourage girls to build a healthy self-esteem and gain different life skills, such as leadership, co-operation and communication, and time management.
- Keep the importance of winning in perspective within team sports, especially in the younger age groups - emphasis should be placed on playing to the best of one's ability, acquiring and improving skills and teamwork. This will assist in the development of positive values and character.
- Experienced coaches encourage each girl to realise their full potential, whilst fostering competitiveness and self-esteem.
- Our staff and coaches are committed to providing an education-based sporting experience
- With our holistic approach to school sport and young athlete development, our girls develop as strong, competent women.
Our sporting facilities include:
- Two hockey fields and fully equipped hockey 5’s Astro facility with floodlights
- Full aquatic complex with heated pools and a hotpot
- Eight tennis/netball courts
- Main field used for athletics and soccer
Brescia House School offers wide participation in:
- Equestrian (off campus)