Emphasis is placed on sporting activities as a way of encouraging social interaction, co-operation, sharing and teamwork.
The main purpose of sport at Brescia House School is to provide each individual pupil with the knowledge and experience to want to be FIT FOR LIFE.
- Provide each individual pupil with the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities, catering for all levels of ability. While healthy competition is encouraged, either within sessions or against other schools, enjoyment of the game remains paramount.
- Sustain a long term interest in physical activity and a healthy lifestyle, by improving fitness levels and fundamental skills.
- Encourage girls to build a healthy self-esteem and gain different life skills, such as leadership, co-operation and communication.
- Keep the importance of winning in perspective within team sports, especially in the younger age groups - emphasis should be placed on playing to the best of one's ability, acquiring and improving skills and teamwork. This will assist in the development of positive values and character.
Our sporting facilities include:
- Two hockey fields and a mini astro
- Full aquatic complex with heated pools and a hotpot,
- Eight tennis courts,
- Netball courts
- And a good relationship with the Randburg Astro.
Brescia House School boasts not only wide participation in sporting activities, but also top achievements in:
- indoor hockey,
- indoor netball,
- girls’ soccer and
Girls in Grade 4 - 7 are required to participate in a minimum of one hour of extra-mural sport a week. Girls in Grade 2 and 3 are invited to attend the extra-mural activities on offer but participation is not compulsory. However, once a commitment has been made to a particular activity, girls will be expected to attend regularly. Girls in Grade 3 are encouraged to participate in at least one extra-mural over the course of the year.