The PTA exists to provide platforms for growing good relationships between the parents of Brescia House School. It is made up of selected staff members and elected parents/guardians.
The PTA facilitates a number of social events during the year with the goal of bringing parents and children together, fundraising and supporting nominated charities. We aim to promote a sense of community identity at Brescia House School. The funds that we raise are channeled into projects that help to improve our school.
The PTA AGM is held annually in the first term.
From Grade R to Grade 7 each class has two Class Convenors, from Grade 8 to Grade 12 there are usually one or two convenors per grade. Convenors are nominated at the beginning of the year and they provide a vital link between the class teacher and parents for all general grade communication. They also assist the PTA with their event communications and provide support as and when necessary.
All Bryanston Engen
Brescia House School parents are encouraged to fill their cars up at the conveniently located Engen, on Sloane street. Please fill your details in the “Brescia Book” and you will have made a contribution to your School! Please note this only applies at the Bryanston Engen on Sloane Street.
For the golfing enthusiasts, the PTA hosts an Annual Golf Day. This is a great opportunity to enjoy a day out with other Brescia House School parents. There are event and hole sponsorship opportunities linked to this event, please email email@example.com for more details.
Mothers and Staff members enjoy a relaxed Saturday luncheon hosted by the PTA. This event is hosted in aid of a nominated Charity annually.
For the first time this year the PTA has launched a Raffle. The prize is the trip of a lifetime to Disneyland Paris and Val d’Isere. A ten night holiday for a family of four. Tickets are R500 and will be on sale until the 3rd August. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to buy yours!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions (“Terms”) are applicable to this Brescia Win a Trip to Val d’Isere and Paris Disney competition (the “Competition”) which is organised and conducted by the Brescia House School Parent Teacher Association (“PTA”), including their affiliates, partners, associations and agents (collectively the “Promoter”). Reference to “we” or “us” in these Terms is a reference to both Brescia House School and the PTA, or either one as the context requires.
2. Entrants must be 18 (eighteen) years or older (or if a minor, must be duly assisted by their legal guardians) and have a valid identity document or passport. (”you” or ”your”).
3. Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the Terms on behalf of yourself and any person with whom you may share a prize (in the event that you win a prize which is for you and one or more additional persons) (“your partners”).
4. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date and by entering the competition you warrant that such information is correct.
5. Any costs or expenses which you may incur in entering and participating in the competition and in the use of any prize, other than the costs expressly included in a prize, shall be for your own account. We will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you, or your partners, incur during and for purposes of your entry into the Competition and your acceptance and/or use of any prize.
6. We do not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that:
6.1. your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning a prize;
6.2. a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, or, if applicable, your partner’s, requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or
6.3. a prize, or any aspect thereof, will be satisfactory, punctual, free from defects, safe or reliable.
7. We and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
8. Prizes are personal to the winner and are accordingly not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item. Prizes shall also only be valid for the time period stipulated.
9. You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it in such instance.
10. You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, including, as regards international travel, a valid passport and all necessary visa and travel documentation, which documents and permissions (including visas) it is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
11. The winner has the right to decline permission to use their name or image in marketing material or participate in any marketing activity. Should the winner verbally or otherwise agree to it, we may publish the winner’s name and images on, including but not limited to, our Facebook page or website, if applicable, without any liability to us or remuneration due to the winners.
12. By entering, a Participant acknowledges that personal information about the Participant will be shared with the Promoter and their agents to the extent necessary to conduct the Competition and for prizes to be delivered to prize winner.
13. All personal information relating to or provided by you will be used solely in accordance with South African consumer and data protection legislation.
14. We reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the Competition, the Terms and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and/or third party suppliers.
15. You understand and agree that participation in any way in the competition including but not limited to the acceptance and/or use of the prizes won and/or participating in all the activities and/or transportation in connection with the competition are participated in at your own risk and hereby personally assume the responsibility associated with these risks.
16. We and our affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damages (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
17. You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependants, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this competition and/or acceptance and/or use by you of a prize.
18. You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the proviso that –
18.1. the provisions of these Terms will apply to both you and your partners, and you will ensure that your partners agree to be bound and comply, and will continue to comply, therewith;
18.2. you will take full responsibility for your partners;
18.3. you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by your partners or any third party in the event that your partners suffer any loss or damage pursuant to your partners’ acceptance and/or use of a prize;
18.4. any minor will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
19. If you fail or, if your partners fail, to comply with any provision of the Terms, then without prejudice to any other remedy which we may have,
19.1. you will be automatically disqualified and you will forfeit the prize/s (in the event that you have already won a prize);
19.2. you will pay us for any loss or damages incurred by us directly or indirectly as a result of your (or, if applicable, your partner’s) non-compliance, including all of our legal costs (including attorney and own client costs) which we may incur in taking any steps pursuant to your (or your partner’s) non-compliance; and
19.3. you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim, loss, liability, injury, expense, costs and damages (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential), incurred or suffered by any person, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any death, injury, loss and/or damage which may be suffered howsoever arising in relation to your failure (or that of your partner, if applicable) to comply therewith.
20. We reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize which it deems appropriate, in its discretion.
21. We reserve the right to carry out audits in respect of the prize winners for purposes of verifying their eligibility to win such prizes.
22. In the event that the prize is mistakenly or incorrectly awarded, we will be entitled to conduct a redraw and such prize will thereafter be awarded to an eligible participant in accordance with the Terms and these additional terms.
23. The PTA’s and/or the judges’ decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these Terms is final and binding on you and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. All publicity and other materials will be our sole property.
25. We will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of incomplete or incorrect information provided.
26. South African law shall govern these competition terms and conditions and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
27. For more information or for a copy of these terms and conditions visit www.brescia.co.za
28. You can enter and stand a chance to win a trip to Val d’Isere and Paris Disney which includes:
28.1. Travel for a family of 4 (four) – (2 (two) adults and 2 (two) children under the age of 18 (eighteen) years – departing South Africa
28.2. Flights ex Johannesburg on the service of Air France via Paris to Geneva in economy class
28.3. Airport taxes
28.4. Return airport transfers to/from the resort in Paris & Geneva
28.5. 3 nights Euro Disney at the Disneyland Hotel, EuroDisney Paris
28.6. Free Shuttle and Disney pass entrance tickets plus Disney Character Encounters
28.7. 7 nights Club Room accommodation at ClubMed Val D’Isere Ski Resort, ski packages run from Sunday to Sunday
28.8. Ski passes and ski equipment hire at Val d’Isere
28.9. All inclusive Club Med food/beverage package
29. This Competition will run from 11 Feb 2019 to 3 August 2019.
30. The winner of the prize will need to be physically able to travel to Europe between 1st December 2019 to 11th April 2020 to take up the prize.
31. Winners wanting to extend their trip at their own cost will need to liaise in writing with the organisers and/or the appointed travel agent in order to request the extension of the travel booking.
32. All travel requirements, including passports and visas and their associated costs, remain the responsibility of the winner. Winners need to be familiar with their local travel laws and regulations and must be in possession of valid travel documents at the time of departure.
33. Reservation must be made by 30 August 2019
34. Confirmation at both resorts is subject to availability at the time of booking
35. Contact Joanna Hutchison at Tidal Travel on email@example.com or call 083 2890408 to make your reservation.
36. Should the winners be unable to travel during this period, they will forfeit the prize and another winner will be drawn.
HOW TO ENTER
37. To enter this Competition you need to purchase a ticket before the closing date of the Competition.
38. By participating in this Competition, you acknowledge that you have read and understood, and unconditionally agree to be bound by the full Terms and Conditions and any additional terms, available at www.brescia.co.za.
39. This Competition will run from 11 February 2019 to 3 August 2019. It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by us prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries which are not received by us prior to the closing date of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. We will not be responsible for any entries which are not received by us, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, we are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, website or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
40.1. There will be only 1 000 (one thousand) tickets available
40.2. Ticket Price – R500 per ticket and a limited number of bundle tickets will be available – R900 for two tickets. From time to time other promotional prices may be available
40.3. Tickets will be on sale from 13 February 2019 to 3 August 2019 at all school events, or contact Brescia House School PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org
40.4. Complete the entry by completing the raffle stub clearly and in full with your name, telephone number and email address
41. Each unique entry number equals 1 (one) entry. You may enter as many times as you like by purchasing additional tickets as set out in these Terms.
42. The winner will be required to produce the original raffle ticket. We will not be liable for raffle stubs that are lost or stolen.
43. All entries received will be subject to a validation process before going into the draw. The winner will be determined by a random draw on 3rd August 2019 or as soon as reasonably possible and the draw will be overseen by an independent person in terms of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”).
44. The winner will be contacted via telephone on the cell phone number used to enter as soon as reasonably possible of the draw taking place. The winner will be required to answer verification questions as required by the CPA and provide the following:
44.1. Identity Document
44.2. Original entry raffle ticket that reflects the entry number entry that was drawn as proof of purchase
44.3. Original letter from the winner’s bank confirming banking details
45. Every attempt will be made to contact the winner from the contact details provided within 14 days after the draw. Thereafter another draw will take place. The tickets must be booked with the travel agent by 30 August 2019.
46. The prize winner will be required to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of their prize.
47. We may require you to provide us with such additional information as we may reasonably require in order to process and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize and you agree to provide us with such information.