School fees have been set at the following levels for 2017.
Monthly Payment 10 monthly instalments (Jan to Oct)
Fees per Term 3 termly payments on first day of term
Annual Fees paid before 31st January 2017
R 7 536
R 23 925
R 68 905
GET (General Education and Training) – Foundation Phase
1, 2, 3
R 8 175
R 25 960
R 74 765
GET (General Education and Training) – Intemediate Phase
4, 5, 6
R 9 548
R 30 505
R 87 275
GET (General Education and Training) – Senior Phase
R 10 126
R 32 140
R 92 560
GET (General Education and Training) – Senior Phase
R 10 556
R 33 505
R 96 495
FET (Further Education and Training) – NSC
10, 11, 12
R 11 558
R 36 690
R 105 665
On the termly fee this represents an increase of 7.8% over 2016 and includes:
- The tuition fee
- Transport to local (011) destinations for school outings and sports or cultural events
- Refreshments for all school events
- Purchase or replacements of class readers and reference books
- The use of an individually allocated locker
- Printed documents received from the school
Stationery and textbooks
Stationery and textbooks may be purchased directly from the school’s recommended suppliers or a supplier of the parent’s choice and are not included in the fees.
Sundry charges will still appear on the individual accounts for the following activities, which may depend on your daughter’s grade and individual subject or co-curricular choices:
- R45.00 Grade R
- R45.00 new pupils only (Grads 1 to 3)
- R110.00 Grade 4
- R110.00 new pupils only (Grade 5 to 6)
- R110.00 Grade 7 all
- R110.00 new pupils only (Grade 8 to 12)
- R580 per pupil per term for NSC (Grade 10 to 12) Visual Arts and Consumer Studies materials or ingredients
- R350 per pupil per term IT Support levy (grades 7 to 12 only) which includes a termly printing allowance, wireless internet connection and Brescia House School IT technical support (this does not include any out of warrenty repairs done by Dell EMC Ltd)
- Microsoft desktop software licensing (grades 7-12 who have laptops)*
- Pupil insurance cover*
- School retreats, outings, tours and camps**
- Guest speakers, presenters or facilitators**
- School photographs**
- School magazines**
- Workbooks, etc.**
- IEB Matric examination fee is R5650. Each Advanced Programme subject will cost R810. These fees must be paid directly to the school (and will not appear on your fees statement) by the beginning of Term 2 in order to facilitate your daughter's registration
- IBT assessment fees for grade 3, 6 and 9**
- Core Skills assessments for grade 9**
** No student will be allowed to attend a camp or write public examinations unless cost is paid in full and tuition fees are up to date. These charges are due and payable on presentation of an account.
Overseas tours are only open to pupils when the fee account is in good standing.
Parents are reminded that they are required to give a full term’s notice, in writing, if it is their intention to remove their child from Brescia House School, to avoid the equivalent termly fee being levied. Failure to pay this fee may result in legal action and all costs thereto will be for the account of the debtor.
General Terms and Conditions
The following general terms and conditions apply:
6.1. Sibling discounts
- First child – Full fees
- Second child – Full fees
- Third child – Full fees, less 33, 3% for third child
- Fourth child – Full fees, less 33, 3% for fourth child
- Fifth child – Full fees, less 33, 3% for fifth child
Please note that applicable discounts only apply once, e.g. the School does not grant an early bird discount in addition to a sibling discount on the same fee account.
6.2. Options for Payment of Fees
There are three options for the payment of fees – annual, termly and monthly (over 10 months between January and October). The applicable tuition fee is the relevant amount stipulated in paragraph 1 above. For security reasons we are unable to accept cash payments for tuition fees at the Bursar’s office and parents are generally required to make their cash deposits at any Standard Bank or via EFT.
Parents shall be invoiced on the basis of the payment method chosen and, where applicable, interest shall apply on the outstanding balance at month end until the account is paid in full.
Any outstanding fees from the previous term or year must be settled before the 1st day of the start of the new term. In the event that a parent is not able to comply, they must make acceptable arrangements with the Bursar indicating when fees will be paid. Should the parents concerned fail to meet this promise, they will be deemed to be in breach of the terms and conditions.
- An annual payment should reflect in the School’s bank account before the close of business on 31st January 2017.
- Should the full annual fee not appear on the School’s bank statement on or before 31st January 2017, the early payment deduction will not apply. Please ensure that your payment is received on time.
- Tuition fees are payable termly, in advance, but by no later than the 1st day of each school term. They are payable by EFT, cheque or debit order at the payee's request.
- Termly tuition fees not paid promptly on the stipulated date of payment will attract interest on such invoice at the Prime Bank Rate plus 2% per annum, subject to the maximum rate permissible in terms of the National Credit Act, 2005 (as amended).
- Tuition fees, PTA levies and incidental charges must be paid in full by the end of each term to avoid further action.
- A debit order system administered by Brescia House School is the only method of payment for parents who have opted for monthly payment.
- Monthly fees are charged for 10 months from January to October. These are payable by debit order which will run on the 1st day of the month.
- Monthly payments are subject to a signed debit order mandate provided that the account is in good standing (i.e. fully paid to date.) Application for such an arrangement must be made before 1st December 2016. Monthly fees include a 5% premium on termly fees.
- Please note the debit order form must be filled in on a yearly basis; it does not carry over.
- Once the debit order option is selected, monthly payments will apply for the remainder of the year and cannot be changed to other payment options.
If the need arises, to amend your payment option, please liaise directly with the Bursar before the first payment is made.
Tuition fee invoice will be raised in line with your chosen payment option. Statements will be emailed to parents on 20th of each month and will be deemed to have been received by parents. Parents are requested to check the statement and contact the Bursar’s office immediately if there are any queries. Previous statements and current balances are available on the parent portal.
6.3. Additional Charges
Although the School attempts to keep additional charges to a minimum, parents can expect incidental charges to be debited to their account from time to time. You will receive information of any charges from school before the amount is billed and you can then expect this amount to appear on your next statement. All additional charges must be paid by the end of each term.
An account will be deemed to be in arrears if the full amount due has not been paid by the first day of each term or each month. These provisions comply with the requirements of the new National Credit Act.
6.5. Administrative fees
An administrative fee of R175.00 will be levied on every R/D cheque received and or EFT/debit order payments returned by the bank for any reason.
6.6. Non Payment
The school reserves the right to restrict admission of any pupil in respect of whom monies due to the school are outstanding. All outstanding accounts will be handed over for collection to the school's lawyers and all costs charged between the attorney and the client (school) thereto will be for the account of the parent, guardian or responsible person.
Please reference all deposits with your daughter’s pupil number which appears on your fee statement and her school ID card.
Our banking details are as follows:
Brescia House School Standard Bank, Hyde Park
Branch code: 006605
Account Number: 610175742
6.8. PTA Levy
The compulsory PTA levy is currently R 490.00 per family and will appear as a separate item on the statement. The compulsory PTA levy is payable per term. The increase on this levy is discussed and voted on at the PTA AGM, which takes place in March each year. All parents are encouraged to attend the AGM to exercise their voice and vote.
If you have any queries regarding fees or charges, please contact Mrs Lizelle Roberts or the Bursar, Mrs Nina Turcic